We have seen rapid developments in the health and wellness market with countless new technologies coming out every year. A large part of this technology includes supplements that are purported to offer users a variety of benefits, from weight loss aid to improved cognitive function. One supplement gaining traction is Modafresh which provides users with a number of touted benefits including increased energy levels, enhanced moods and even tension relief
Modafresh is a brand of oral medication that contains the active ingredient modafinil. The product has been approved by the FDA and is marketed as a treatment for narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, shift work sleep disorder, and excessive daytime sleepiness.
Modafresh intrigues you? This Modafresh review will cover the usage, side effects, and doses of this well-known nootropic medication for anybody interested in learning more. Modafresh is a generic brand of modafinil that is a cheaper alternative to Provigil and other brand-name modafinil medicines.
Modafinil and similar chemicals are a cornerstone in the nootropics industry, and biohackers and cognitive improvement specialists are buzzing about them. So, what are the advantages of Modafresh? What are the possible adverse effects? Is it permissible? What are the differences between it and other modafinil products like Modalert, Modvigil, and Provigil? We’ll try to address those and other questions in the sections below.
What Exactly Is Modafresh?
Sunrise Pharma produces Modafresh, which is a generic form of modafinil. It comes in the form of round tablets containing 200 mg of modafinil apiece. Modafresh is a generic drug that is almost equivalent to brand-name modafinil like Cephalon Inc’s Provigil.
The following are the advantages of Modafresh as a modafinil generic:
- Benefits from Medical Research
- Enhancement of cognition
Let’s take a closer look at each one.
The key advantage of Modafresh is that it is a less expensive alternative to expensive brand-name medications like Provigil since it is a modafinil generic. Patients who have been prescribed modafinil by their doctor may be drawn to Modafresh because of its low costs.
Modafinil Benefits Proven by Medical Research
Modafresh offers the exact same Benefits from Medical Research as all other modafinil products, including brand-name and generic modafinil. The main benefit of modafinil is that it acts as a eugeroic, or “wakefulness-promoting agent.” Modafinil is prescribed by doctors to treat patients who suffer from sleep-wake disorders that cause excessive daytime sleepiness like:
- Sleep apnea and obstructive sleep apnea
- Sleep disturbance caused by shift employment.
As a eugeroic, modafinil helps patients remain awake throughout the day by counteracting excessive drowsiness. Modafinil may be used to treat various diseases that produce sleepiness or weariness throughout the day, such as Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). While the actual mechanism of action of modafinil is unknown, study conducted by Pigeau R et al indicated that it improves “mood, tiredness, and cognitive function” during periods of “sustained mental labor” .
Modafinil has a “distinctive impact” on “homeostatic and circadian regulation,” according to later studies by Chapotot F et al .
Modafinil has a considerable impact on cognitive function in sleep-deprived study volunteers, according to Baranski JV et al . Modafinil has also been shown to help in the treatment of cognitive and psychiatric issues in studies.
Biederman J et al discovered that once-daily and split dosages of modafinil might possibly assist treat children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled research . However, because of “severe dermatologic side effects and mental problems,” the FDA’s Pediatric Advisory Committee has advised against using modafinil in children .
Modafinil has also been used to treat people who are addicted to or dependent on other drugs. For example, Dackis CA et al discovered that modafinil can assist treat cocaine addiction in a double-blind, placebo-controlled experiment . Mereu M et al’s latest study suggests that modafinil might be utilized to treat drug abuse problems .
Modafinil as a Cognitive Enhancement Agent
While modafinil is not licensed for use as a cognitive enhancer anywhere in the world, anecdotal evidence shows that it is extensively used as a “nootropic” or “smart drug” for this purpose . Modafinil “directly raises cortical catecholamine levels, indirectly upregulates cerebral serotonin, glutamate, orexin, and histamine levels,” according to a research by Battleday RM et al . Modafinil has the potential for “cognitive neuroenhancement in healthy non-sleep-deprived people,” according to the scientists. Separate study by Minzenberg MJ et al, which demonstrated that modafinil had a considerable impact on cognition , backs up these results. Modafresh’s ease of availability and cheaper price range compared to brand-name modafinil drugs like Provigil may entice those interested in the possible cognitive advantages of modafinil. Let’s examine at some of Modafresh’s adverse effects now that we’ve looked at its key advantages, which include both permitted and off-label usage.
Who Uses Eugeroics?
Eugeroics are wakefulness promoting agents. They increase alertness, boost mental sharpness, and allow you to stay awake for far longerthan you normally would be able to. Eugeroics like Modafinil, Armodafinil and Sunosi are typically prescribed for people with severe sleep disorders such as narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, and excessive daytime sleepiness.
Other people who are not typically given a Modafinil prescription but who regularly use the smart drug include:
- Night shift workers
The list of people who regularly use Modafinil can go on and on. More people frtom all walks of life are using this nootropic compound every single day.
Side Effects of Modafresh
There is no peer-reviewed scientific research for Modafresh side effects in particular. Modafresh, on the other hand, includes the same active component as modafinil and hence has the same side effect profile.
Modafinil is an FDA-approved eugeroic that is offered under many brand names across the globe, including Vigil, Alertec, and Provigil. It has been extensively researched, and the profile of its negative effects is well recognized and understood . The following are the most prevalent modafinil side effects:
- Headaches and/or a dizzy sensation
- Anxiety and/or anxiousness have increased
- sickness and/or upset stomach
- Sleeping difficulties (including insomnia)
- and a stuffy nose
- Back ache
Skin responses, allergic reactions, fever, shortness of breath, and swelling in the cheeks, eyes, lips, tongue, or throat are all possible adverse effects of modafinil. Patients who encounter any negative effects when using any kind of modafinil, including Modafresh, should stop taking it right once and seek medical counsel.
There have been no research to date on the adverse effects of modafinil when used as a cognitive enhancer in healthy people. However, one research looked at what occurred when individuals were administered modafinil after being misdiagnosed with narcolepsy . The research volunteers reported a variety of adverse effects, the most common of which were “headaches, nausea, anxiety, sleeplessness, lumbago, diarrhea, dyspepsia, rhinitis, and vertigo,” according to the study.
As modafinil inhibits the reuptake of dopamine in the brain , there have been concerns that the drug may lead to dependence and may be habit-forming.
This is one of the key reasons why modafinil is a prescription drug in almost every country in the world.
Modafinil, on the other hand, has a minimal risk of addiction and dependency, according to most research. A patient who was taking 1,200 mg of modafinil per day was studied in one example of modafinil dependency . This is far higher than the normal clinical dosage, which will be discussed later.
Where Can I Buy Modafresh Online in 2022?
Modafresh is readily accessible online, however it is the buyer’s responsibility to check that their purchase complies with all local regulations. While there are certain countries where modafinil is either unregistered or marketed without restrictions, it is generally a prescription-only pharmaceutical that may only be supplied to people who have a valid prescription.
Modafresh may be of interest to patients looking to purchase modafinil online since it is far less expensive than brand-name modafinil like Provigil. If you’re looking for a place to purchase Modafresh, one of the most well-known sellers our team has examined is Modafinil XL.
Modafresh is sold by Modafinil XL, a trustworthy online dealer that ships to patients all over the globe. It gets a lot of good ratings on sites like Trustpilot.
When our team looked into their service, we discovered that they provided a number of advantages, including:
- Modafinil XL’s website is quite detailed, with various articles, tips, and evaluations of modafinil products, including Modafresh. Their information is neutral and objective, and we feel it will be useful to anybody deciding whether or not to purchase Modafresh.
- Modafresh is available at a reasonable price from Modafinil XL, beginning at $29 for ten Modafresh 200mg tablets. For bigger purchases of 200, 300, or 500 tablets, the price per pill lowers dramatically. Other reductions, like as free delivery, kick in at these levels, making each pill’s pricing more competitive.
- Fast Shipping: Modafinil XL orders normally arrive between 7-12 business days, depending on a variety of criteria like as the customer’s location and the method of delivery they choose. Standard delivery takes 14-30 days and costs $39, however it is free on purchases of $130 or more. Express delivery takes 10-18 business days and costs $49, however it is free on purchases of $180 or more. Extra shipping choices are available for an additional fee.
- Great Deals: Every purchase of Modafinil XL comes with 20 free tablets (10 modafinil pills and 10 armodafinil pills). You’ll also get a $25 voucher for your next purchase.
- 20 percent Bitcoin Discount: Modafinil XL will offer you a 20% discount if you pay for your purchase with Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency. Please be informed that depending on the customer’s location and payment method, this choice may incur extra expenses.
- Guaranteed Delivery: Patients who purchase Modafresh from Modafinil XL may order with confidence. Modafinil XL guarantees delivery and provides free reshipping and full refunds in the case of lost or undeliverable purchases.
Overall, purchasing Modafresh from Modafinil XL was a pleasant experience for our team. Patients who are looking for a low-cost Modafresh would benefit greatly from this seller.
Modafinil may be purchased online from one of the greatest providers in the globe. Prices are reasonable, shipment is rapid, and arrival is guaranteed.
Modafresh Is It Legal?
As generic modafinil, Modafresh is subject to all the same legal restrictions as modafinil. Modafinil is a prescription-only medication throughout Europe and in most Western countries including the USA , U.K. and Australia. This means that patients who want to buy this drug need to have a valid prescription from a doctor. Most doctors will only prescribe modafinil for sleep-wake disorders that cause excessive daytime sleepiness like Narcolepsy, sleep apnea and Sleep disturbance caused by shift employment. Most physicians will ask patients to take an overnight sleep study, to make an accurate diagnosis. As discussed above, modafinil is sometimes prescribed to treat cognitive disorders. In certain countries, modafinil is unregistered or its sale is unrestricted. Patients in these countries can buy modafinil online, or in some cases over-the-counter, without a prescription.
Dosage & Tolerance of Modafresh
Modafresh may be used at the same time as Provigil or any other modafinil product. One 200 mg tablet daily is the standard adult dosage for narcolepsy and obstructive sleep apnea. The tablet may be taken with or without meals in the morning. Adults with SWSD should take one 200 mg tablet one hour before starting their work shift, according to their doctor. If a patient’s reaction to a lower dosage is inadequate, physicians in the EU may raise the dose to 400 mg/day.
Modvigil vs. Provigil vs. Modvigil vs. Modvigil
Patients who have been prescribed modafinil may discover that there are various brands of generic modafinil available, including Modafresh, Modalert, and Modvigil. What’s the difference between these brands, then? How do they stack up against brand-name modafinil like Provigil?
Chemically, all four of these medications are almost similar. Modafresh, Modalert, and Modvigil are all generic forms of modafinil, and they all contain the same active component as Provigil. All four medications are available as tablets and have the same dosage of 200 mg. The kinds and quantities of fillers employed in the manufacturing process are the only differences in the chemical makeup of these medications. In practice, this has little effect on the therapeutic advantages of these medications.
Many individuals assume generic pharmaceuticals are inferior or “knock-off” versions of brand-name drugs, but this is simply not the case. Generic medications are created to function in the same way as their brand-name equivalents. The price is the only measurable variation between these four medications.
Modafresh, Modalert, and Modvigil are all far less expensive than brand-name modafinil drugs like Provigil. Modafinil XL, the online dealer we discussed previously, costs $29 for ten generic modafinil pills, regardless of whether you get Modafresh, Modalert, or Modvigil. When ordering in bulk, you’ll notice a price difference: 200 Modalert tablets cost $249, 200 Modafresh pills cost $219, and 200 Modvigil pills cost $199.
When our team evaluated these medications, we discovered a few minor discrepancies. There’s no empirical scientific evidence to support our observations and others may disagree, but this is what we found during our testing. Overall, we discovered that Modalert outlasts Modvigil and Modafresh. In our team’s opinion, Modalert is the most potent and powerful form of generic modafinil on the market, followed by Modvigil and then Modafresh. Modafresh, we believe, compares well to its generic rivals Modalert and Modvigil.
How Long Does It Take Modafresh To Work?
Modafresh works in the same way as Provigil and other brands of modafinil do. Patients with SWSD are usually told to take modafinil one hour before their shift starts . According to anecdotal evidence, Modafresh might take up to 60 minutes to work. However, everyone reacts to drugs differently, and the precise duration varies from person to person.
What happens if you take Modafresh everyday?
Taking Modafresh every day will likely lead to you experiencing side effects which increase in severity over time. Side effects of taking any form of Modafinil on a daily basis include headaches, nausea, nervousness, rhinitis, diarrhoea, anxiety and insomnia.
Is Modafresh and Modafinil the same?
Modafresh and Modafinil are the same thing; Modafresh is just a particular brand of generic Modafinil made by Sunrise Pharma. Modafresh will have almost identical effects to other brands of Modafinil, assuming they have similar bioavailability and purity.
Modafresh Review Conclusion: Is it the best form of Modafinil?
If you’re looking for a comprehensive evaluation of Modafresh, we hope our Modafresh Review has addressed all of your questions.
Modafresh is a generic form of modafinil that operates in the same way as the brand-name version. It has the same advantages, side effects, and dosing instructions as Provigil or any other brand-name modafinil. Modafresh’s key advantages are that it is readily accessible online and has a considerably more appealing pricing point.
Modafinil may be purchased online from one of the greatest providers in the globe: ModafinilXL. This venor offers pharma-grade product for exceptional prices. Shipment is rapid, and arrival is guaranteed.
- Sunrise Pharmaceutical, Inc.’s home page. Sunrise Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company based in the United States (2021). https://sunrisepharma.com/ last accessed on March 5, 2021.
- Modafinil, d-amphetamine, and placebo over 64 hours of prolonged mental activity. Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. I. Mood, tiredness, cognitive function, and body temperature effects 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228 in J Sleep Res. PMID: 10607161. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x.
- F. Chapotot, R. Pigeau, F. Canini, L. Bourdon, and A. Buguet. Modafinil and d-amphetamine have different effects on the homeostatic and circadian regulation of the human awake EEG. Pharmacology of the mind (Berl). 2003 Mar;166(2):127-38. PMID: 12552359. doi: 10.1007/s00213-002-1315-8. Epub 2003 Jan 28.
- Self-monitoring cognitive function during sleep deprivation: effects of modafinil, d-amphetamine, and placebo. Baranski JV, Pigeau RA. J Sleep Res. 6(2):84-91, 1997. PMID: 9377538. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1997.00032.x.
- Modafinil ADHD Study Group (Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA). A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled research compared once-daily and split dosages of modafinil in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. PMID: 16841622. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506.
- Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, and Warnings for Provigil – Drugs.com www.drugs.com (2021). https://www.drugs.com/provigil.html, retrieved 5 March 2021.
- CA Dackis, KM Kampman, KG Lynch, HM Pettinati, and CP O’Brien. A placebo-controlled, double-blind study of modafinil for cocaine addiction. Neuropsychopharmacology, 30(1), 205-11, 2005. http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/sj.npp.1300600 PMID: 15525998.
- M. Mereu, A. Bonci, A. H. Newman, and G. Tanda. The neuroscience of modafinil as a cognitive enhancer and possible therapy for drug abuse problems. Pharmacology of the mind (Berl). 2013 Oct;229(3):415-34. doi: 10.1007/s00213-013-3232-4. Epub 2013 Aug 10. PMCID: PMC3800148; PMID: 23934211.
- “The off-prescription use of modafinil: An online assessment of perceived risks and benefits,” Teodorini, Rachel D, et al. PloS one, vol. 15, no. 2 (February 5, 2020), doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0227818
- Modafinil for cognitive neuroenhancement in healthy non-sleep-deprived subjects: A comprehensive review, Battleday RM, Brem AK. 2015 Nov;25(11):1865-81. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.euroneuro.2015.07.028 PMID: 26381811. Epub 2015 Aug 20.
- Modafinil: a review of neurochemical activities and cognitive effects, Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/sj.npp.1301534 PMID: 17712350. Epub 2007 Aug 22.
- E. Lopes, D. Pereira, N. Silva Behrens, H. de Almeida Fonseca, P. O. Calvancanti, T. F. de Arajo Lima, M. Pradella-Hallinan, J. Castro, S. Tufik, and F. M. Coelho. Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a non-narcoleptic patient. 7(1):47-9 in Sleep Science. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.slsci.2014.07.015. Epub 2014 Aug 19. PMCID: PMC4521649; PMID: 26483900
- “Effects of modafinil on dopamine and dopamine transporters in the male human brain: therapeutic implications,” Nora D Volkow et al. 10.1001/jama.2009.351
- Krishnan, Raman, and Krishnan Vengadaragava Chary. “A rare case modafinil dependence.” Journal of pharmacology & pharmacotherapeutics vol. 6,1 (2015): 49-50. doi:10.4103/0976-500X.149149
- Scheduling of medications (n.d.). https://www.dea.gov/drug-scheduling/index.html
Paul Tardner is the Head Writer at IJEST.org. Paul is a former academic and research scientist. He now dedicates his time to his own research into nootropics, with a particular focus on cognitive enhancement in old age. You can learn more about Paul from his profile page.