Modawake is a drug that has been on the market for over 60 years. This supplement was originally designed to help with memory, concentration and general cognitive function. It continues to be used today by people of all ages who want an enhanced mind without spending hours in the gym or on their computers.
Modawake is a supplement that is designed to help people with sleep problems. The product has been around since the early 2000s and was created by a company called ModaPharma, Inc.
Do you want to learn more about Modawake? This Modawake review covers the drug’s uses, side effects, and dose instructions.
Modawake is a generic version of modafinil, an FDA-approved eugeroic intended to treat disorders that induce drowsiness and sleepiness throughout the day.
If you’re searching for a more in-depth look into this medicine, you could have queries like:
- What are the advantages of Modawake?
- What are the possible adverse effects?
- Is Modawake permissible?
- And how does it stack up against other generic modafinil products like Modawake and Modvigil?
All of those questions, and more, are addressed in this review.
What Exactly Is Modawake?
Modawake is a generic form of modafinil, a wakefulness-promoting medicine licensed by the Food and Drug Administration to treat narcolepsy. Modawake is a tablet that is made by HBA Pharma in India .
There are 200 milligrams of modafinil in each tablet. While many individuals have bad opinions about generic pharmaceuticals, they operate in the same way as brand-name medications .
Generics have “similar clinical results to [the] usage of brand-name medications,” according to scientific research . While Modawake may include slightly different kinds of fillers, in terms of quality, dose, potency, and mode of administration, it is essentially comparable to brand-name modafinil drugs like Provigil.
Here is a short video describing what Modawake is and how it works:
Modawake has the same advantages as other forms of modafinil. Modawake is a cost-effective alternative to brand-name medicines like Provigil for those who have been prescribed modafinil by their doctor. Modawake may be used to treat people who have a disease that causes them to sleep or drowse excessively throughout the day. This comprises:
- Narcolepsy is an uncommon illness that causes sleepiness throughout the day.
- Obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome is a sleep disorder in which the airways become blocked.
- A problem that affects shift workers is shift work sleep disorder (SWSD).
Modafinil elevates histamine levels in the brain and inhibits dopamine absorption, resulting in a substantial influence on “homeostatic and circadian regulation” and increased alertness . Modafinil is used to treat individuals with sleep-wake disturbances because it improves cognitive function in sleep-deprived people .
Because of its propensity to increase dopamine levels, modafinil may be utilized to treat people with drug abuse disorders such as cocaine and amphetamine addiction. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled experiment, modafinil was proven to help treat cocaine addiction  and other drug abuse problems .
Modafinil has been shown to effectively treat children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in separate studies . This is an unauthorized usage of the medicine, and it is only indicated as a last resort after other therapies have failed .
Cognitive Advantages: Is Modawake a good nootropic?
Just like other forms of modafinil, Modawake purportedly offers several Cognitive Advantages. To date, it has not been approved for this use.
However, surveys have revealed that many people self-administer modafinil as a “cognitive enhancer” or “nootropic” . The Cognitive Advantages of modafinil are based on research that shows the drug has a significant effect on “mood, fatigue, and cognitive performance” during periods of “sustained mental work” .
These findings have made the drug attractive to those who engage in complex work and/or need to remain active and engaged for long hours.
Further research has indicated that modafinil offers “cognitive neuroenhancement” even in ”healthy non-sleep-deprived subjects;” that is, those without a sleep-wake disorder . This has been corroborated by research findings that modafinil has a pronounced “effect on cognition” .
Those interested in taking modafinil may be attracted to Modawake as it is widely available online and has a low price-point compared with brand-name products like Provigil.
Side Effects of Modawake
There has been no published study on Modawake-related negative effects to yet. Modawake, on the other hand, is a generic form of modafinil with the same side effect profile. The negative effects of modafinil have been well investigated and recorded . They include items such as:
- Back ache,
- Dry throat and/or stuffy nose
- Sleeplessness and
Modafinil may also induce allergic responses include swelling, rashes, fever, and breathing difficulties. Patients who have a bad response to modafinil or Modawake should stop taking it right away and seek medical help.
Because Modawake isn’t authorized as a cognitive enhancer, there isn’t any research on its adverse effects when used for this reason. The closest study to date featured people who were misdiagnosed with narcolepsy and were administered modafinil . The most prevalent adverse effects, according to this research, were nausea, sleeplessness, vertigo, and headaches. Because of its strong influence on dopamine levels, modafinil is a prescription medicine in most countries .
Modafinil, like other medicines that boost dopamine, has the potential to become addictive. With modafinil, however, this is not the case. Modafinil is classified as a Schedule IV drug in the United States, which implies it has a minimal risk of addiction and dependency . The research on the danger of modafinil dependency is limited, but it seems that issues arise primarily when patients exceed the prescribed daily dosage .
Where Can I Buy Modawake Online in 2022?
When patients with a modafinil prescription visit a pharmacy, they may be given a generic version of the medicine, or they may opt to purchase the drug online, if local regulations allow it. Modawake is readily accessible online as a generic medicine made in India, however not all suppliers provide the same advantages in terms of quality, price, and delivery.
Hundreds of online modafinil suppliers have been validated by our experts in terms of:
- Product excellence
- and prices
- Delivery timeframes
Buy Modafinil Online has proven to be the most dependable Modawake supplier.
Buy Modafinil Online is a well-known online retailer with a track record of delivering high-quality Modawake to clients. When we looked at their service, we discovered the following:
- Free Delivery: This merchant provides free shipping on all purchases over $130, making them an excellent deal. They ship to all EU nations, Asia, the United States, Australia, the United Kingdom, and other countries worldwide. Another retailer, BuyModa, is recommended for patients in New Zealand and Thailand.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee: You have 30 days to seek a refund if you are unhappy with the quality of the Modawake you get. This allows you to test Modawake without putting your money at danger.
- 100% Delivery Guarantee: If a delivery is held up in customs or is misplaced, Buy Modafinil Online gives free refunds and reships. This assurance might assist patients who are purchasing Modawake for the first time feel more at ease.
- Bitcoin Discount: Although this merchant accepts safe credit card and PayPal payments, they prefer clients to use Bitcoin. This is due to the fact that PayPal, Visa, American Express, and MasterCard forbid any direct internet transactions for prescription drugs and impose exorbitant fees. You’ll save 23% on your complete purchase when you pay with Bitcoin.
- Same-Day Dispatch: If you purchase before 5 p.m. PST, your shipment will be delivered the next business day. Orders take 14 to 30 days on average, but you may pay extra for EMS shipment, which takes 7 to 12 days. You may pay for assured delivery and have your product sent from Poland if you reside in the EU.
In our evaluation of this seller, we discovered that Buy Modafinil Online kept its claims. Our purchases came fast, and a reagent test revealed that the Modawake had an extraordinarily high purity.
Patients looking to purchase modafinil online would do well to visit this website. Our team has found it to be the most dependable Modawake seller to date.
Our top-rated dealer offers Modafinil for sale online.
Great rates, quick shipping, and on-time arrival are all assured.
Is Modawake legal?
All of the same rules apply to Modawake as they do to brand-name modafinil. While the laws differ from nation to country, modafinil, and by extension Modawake, is lawful worldwide as long as the patient has a valid doctor’s prescription.
Modafinil may only be provided in most countries to individuals who have been diagnosed with narcolepsy, a disorder that causes excessive daily drowsiness. Modafinil is also used to treat other problems including sleep apnea and SWSD, as we mentioned before. Patients with one or more of these problems may purchase either brand-name modafinil, such as Provigil, or a generic equivalent, such as Modawake.
It is unlawful to import and/or sell unregistered drugs, even though modafinil isn’t registered in certain countries.
When Does Modawake Start Working?
Modawake works in the same way as any other brand-name or generic version of modafinil does. Patients who have been given modafinil should take it first thing in the morning, or one hour before their shift begins if they have SWSD . According to anecdotal data, Modawake takes around an hour to function; nevertheless, everyone reacts to medicines differently.
Dosage and Tolerance of Modawake
Modawake pills are in the same strength (200 mg) as brand-name modafinil, are prescribed in the same amounts, and come with the identical dosing instructions. Adults with narcolepsy and/or obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome may be prescribed one 200 mg pill daily, generally first thing in the morning.
The authorized posology for adult patients with SWSD is one 200 mg tablet one hour before the start of their shift . Patients in the European Union who do not respond to a 200 mg/day dosage may be administered 400 mg/day (two tablets) . While modafinil is tolerated at dosages of 200-400 mg/day, patients should follow their primary care physician’s recommendations.
Modawake vs. Modalert vs. Modvigil vs. Provigil Modawake vs. Modvigil
Patients who are prescribed brand-name modafinil, such as Provigil, may choose to purchase the generic equivalent instead. Modawake, Modalert, and Modvigil are all generic forms of modafinil that cost much less than Provigil, according to our research.
Generic medications, according to the FDA, function in the same manner as prescription pharmaceuticals . As a result, all three generic medications have the identical usage and side effect profile as Provigil, with the price being the only variation.
Modawake, Modalert, and Modvigil, on the other hand, have small variances.
Modalert and Modvigil are preferred by our staff over Modawake. There are two key reasons for our choice; nonetheless, it’s crucial to emphasize that we’re relying on personal experience rather than scientific research.
First, we discovered that Modalert lasts longer than both Modawake and Modvigil. While all three treatments help people stay awake for at least 12 hours, Modalert seems to last longer.
Modawake is also the same price as Modalert. Our team spent $249 from BuyModa for 200 Modalert 200 mg pills and $249 from BuyModafinilOnline for 200 Modawake 200 mg tablets. 200 Modvigil 200 mg tablets cost $199 for people seeking for the cheapest solution.
That is how we believe Modawake compares to Modvigil and Modafresh. Overall, there isn’t much difference between them, and they all work much like Provigil for a fraction of the price.
Modawake Review Conclusion: What’s the verdict on Modawake?
We hope that our readers seeking for a comprehensive Modawake review found what they were looking for above. Modawake is a high-quality generic alternative to Provigil that might be a cost-effective solution for folks who need to take modafinil. Modawake functions similarly to other brand-name and generic brands of modafinil, with just minor variances, according to our research.
Our review team tried Modawake and they were generally impressed with the results. As expected, there was very little difference between Modawake and other forms of Modafinil and Armodafinil, such as Artvigil, Modafresh and Modaheal. All of these products deliver the same benefits as branded forms of Modafinil or Armodafinil, but for a fraction of the cost.
Topics covered in this article:
- Generic drug
- Health sciences
- Medical treatments
- Medical specialties
- Health care
- Diseases and disorders
- Mental states
- Clinical medicine
- Human diseases and disorders
- Psychoactive drugs
- Chemicals in medicine
- Pharmaceutical sciences
- Medicinal chemistry
- Drugs acting on the nervous system
- Sleep disorder
- Shift work sleep disorder
- Prescription drug
- Hra-pharma.com is the homepage of HRA Pharma (2021). https://www.hra-pharma.com/ last accessed on March 7, 2021.
- Facts about Generic Drugs Food and Drug Administration of the United States (2021). https://www.fda.gov/drugs/generic-drugs/generic-drug-facts, retrieved 5 March 2021.
- Desai RJ, Sarpatwari A, Dejene S, Khan NF, Lii J, Rogers JR, Dutcher SK, Raofi S, Bohn J, Connolly JG, Fischer MA, Kesselheim AS, Gagne JJ, Raofi S, Bohn J, Connolly JG, Fischer MA, Kesselheim AS, G A database analysis of US health insurance claims compared the efficacy of generic and brand-name pharmaceutical usage. PLoS Medicine 16(3):e1002763 (2019 Mar 13). doi: 10.1371/journal.pmed.1002763. PMCID: PMC6415809; PMID: 30865626.
- F. Chapotot, R. Pigeau, F. Canini, L. Bourdon, and A. Buguet. Modafinil and d-amphetamine have different effects on the homeostatic and circadian regulation of the human awake EEG. Pharmacology of the mind (Berl). 2003 Mar;166(2):127-38. PMID: 12552359. doi: 10.1007/s00213-002-1315-8. Epub 2003 Jan 28.
- Self-monitoring cognitive function during sleep deprivation: effects of modafinil, d-amphetamine, and placebo. Baranski JV, Pigeau RA. J Sleep Res. 6(2):84-91, 1997. PMID: 9377538. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1997.00032.x.
- CA Dackis, KM Kampman, KG Lynch, HM Pettinati, and CP O’Brien. A placebo-controlled, double-blind study of modafinil for cocaine addiction. Neuropsychopharmacology, 30(1), 205-11, 2005. http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/sj.npp.1300600 PMID: 15525998.
- M. Mereu, A. Bonci, A. H. Newman, and G. Tanda. The neuroscience of modafinil as a cognitive enhancer and possible therapy for drug abuse problems. Pharmacology of the mind (Berl). 2013 Oct;229(3):415-34. doi: 10.1007/s00213-013-3232-4. Epub 2013 Aug 10. PMCID: PMC3800148; PMID: 23934211.
- Modafinil ADHD Study Group (Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA). A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled research compared once-daily and split dosages of modafinil in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. PMID: 16841622. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506.
- Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, and Warnings for Provigil – Drugs.com www.drugs.com (2021). https://www.drugs.com/provigil.html, retrieved 5 March 2021.
- “The off-prescription use of modafinil: An online assessment of perceived risks and benefits,” Teodorini, Rachel D, et al. PloS one, vol. 15, no. 2 (February 5, 2020), doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0227818
- Modafinil, d-amphetamine, and placebo over 64 hours of prolonged mental activity. Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. I. Mood, tiredness, cognitive function, and body temperature effects 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228 in J Sleep Res. PMID: 10607161. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x.
- Modafinil for cognitive neuroenhancement in healthy non-sleep-deprived subjects: A comprehensive review, Battleday RM, Brem AK. 2015 Nov;25(11):1865-81. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.euroneuro.2015.07.028 PMID: 26381811. Epub 2015 Aug 20.
- Modafinil: a review of neurochemical activities and cognitive effects, Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/sj.npp.1301534 PMID: 17712350. Epub 2007 Aug 22.
- E. Lopes, D. Pereira, N. Silva Behrens, H. de Almeida Fonseca, P. O. Calvancanti, T. F. de Arajo Lima, M. Pradella-Hallinan, J. Castro, S. Tufik, and F. M. Coelho. Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a non-narcoleptic patient. 7(1):47-9 in Sleep Science. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.slsci.2014.07.015. Epub 2014 Aug 19. PMCID: PMC4521649; PMID: 26483900
- “Effects of modafinil on dopamine and dopamine transporters in the male human brain: therapeutic implications,” Nora D Volkow et al. 10.1001/jama.2009.351
- Scheduling of medications (n.d.). https://www.dea.gov/drug-scheduling/index.html
- Krishnan, Raman, and Krishnan Vengadaragava Chary. “A rare case modafinil dependence.” Journal of pharmacology & pharmacotherapeutics vol. 6,1 (2015): 49-50. doi:10.4103/0976-500X.149149
- Legemiddelverket.no is a Norwegian website (2021). Retrieved 6 March 2021 from https://legemiddelverket.no/Documents/Bivirkninger% 20og% 20sikkerhet/Bivirkningsnyheter% 20annet/11-10273-20% 20Summary% 20of% 20scientific% 20discussion% 204407407 2 0.pdf.
Paul Tardner is the Lead Author at IJEST.org. Paul is a former academic and research scientists. He now dedicates his time to his own research into natural biohacking, with a particular focus on cognitive enhancement.