Author: Paul Tardner Date published: 24/11/2020
Originally published at: IJEST Pull test PDF: View PDF
Noopept is a novel nootropic agent with various potential uses: as a neuroprotective agent, as a memory enhancer in older people with mild cognitive impairment, and as a way to significantly increase wakefulness and focus. However, recommendations for the correct dosage of Noopept rely largely on animal studies and anecdotal data, as well as rough estimates based on comparisons to less potent Piracetam. This article will attempt to draw together all available evidence regarding proper dosing of Noopept to arrive at a more precise and safer figure for users of this nootropic.
Keywords: Noopept, Noopept dosage, nootropics, cognition, cognitive decline, memory, focus
- Molodavkin GM, Borlikova GG, Voronina TA, Gudasheva TA, Ostrovskaia RU, Tushmalova NA, Seredenin SB. Vliianie novogo dipeptidnogo nootropa noopepta i ego metabolita tsiklo-L-propilglitsina na transkallozal’nyĭ vyzvannyĭ potentsial mozga krys [Effect of the novel dipeptide nootropic agent noopept and its metabolite cyclo-L-prolylglycine on the transcallosal evoked potential in the rat brain]. Eksp Klin Farmakol. 2002 Mar-Apr;65(2):3-5. Russian. PMID: 12109288.
- Ostrovskaia RU, Vakhitova IuV, Salimgareeva MKh, Iamidanov RS, Sadovnikov SV, Kapitsa IG, Seredenin SB. [On the mechanism of noopept action: decrease in activity of stress-induced kinases and increase in expression of neutrophines]. Eksp Klin Farmakol. 2010 Dec;73(12):2-5. Russian. PMID: 21395007.
- Ostrovskaya RU, Gudasheva TA, Zaplina AP, Vahitova JV, Salimgareeva MH, Jamidanov RS, Seredenin SB. Noopept stimulates the expression of NGF and BDNF in rat hippocampus. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2008 Sep;146(3):334-7. doi: 10.1007/s10517-008-0297-x. PMID: 19240853.
- Voronina TA, Guzevatykh LS, Trofimov SS. [Comparative study of the long-term behavioral effects of noopept and piracetam in adult male rats and female rats in postnatal period]. Eksp Klin Farmakol. 2005 Mar-Apr;68(2):3-7. Russian. PMID: 15934357.
- Ostrovskaya RU, Mirsoev TK, Romanova GA, Gudasheva TA, Kravchenko EV, Trofimov CC, Voronina TA, Seredenin SB. Proline-containing dipeptide GVS-111 retains nootropic activity after oral administration. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2001 Oct;132(4):959-62. doi: 10.1023/a:1013663126973. PMID: 11782792.
- Neznamov, G., & Teleshova, E. (2009). Comparative studies of Noopept and piracetam in the treatment of patients with mild cognitive disorders in organic brain diseases of vascular and traumatic origin. Neuroscience and Behavioral Physiology, 39, 311-321.