Flmodafinil (CRL-40,940) is a dietary supplement that has been found to have the potential of boosting cognitive performance in people without any neurological symptoms. However, recent studies show this drug is unsafe and might even cause mental health problems like depression or psychosis. This article contains all you need to know about flmodafinil side effects and safety for both short-term users as well as long-time everyday consumers who wish to remain healthy with no adverse reactions from their use of the substance..
Flmodafinil is a drug that has been used for the treatment of narcolepsy, sleep apnea and shift work disorder. It is also known to have side effects and safety concerns.
Flmodafinil is a relatively recent nootropic discovery with a lot of promise and potential.
Indeed, it may have some distinct benefits over Modafinil, such as higher efficacy, longer-lasting effects, and less negative effects.
Safety and Side Effects of Flmodafinil concerns may arise when test volunteers do their own study on this intriguing new medicine.
Flmodafinil: What Is It?
Flmodafinil is structurally identical to Modafinil, a prescription wakefulness-enhancing medication that’s also used as a nootropic.
It has the same structure as the original, but with the addition of two fluoride atoms. This little alteration, according to its author, raises the drug’s potency by up to four times. Flmodafinil may also have a prolonged half-life, extending the duration of its effects [1, 2].
Flmodafinil is presently not available as a prescription medicine, but it is being tested in clinical studies for the treatment of narcolepsy and other sleep disorders. As a result, Flmodafinil is very easy to get online — but this might alter at any point if it is authorized for prescription usage or if the laws controlling structurally similar compounds to prescription medications change.
Extrapolating what we know about Modafinil, here are some of the potential Flmodafinil’s Advantages:
- Flmodafinil may enhance wakefulness in people with sleep problems, boost energy in persons with weariness, and negate some of the negative effects of sleep deprivation if it operates similarly to Modafinil [3, 4, 5, 6, 7].
- Better memory and learning abilities: It has been shown to increase recollection, attention, and learning abilities in both healthy and depressed people [8, 9].
- Modafinil has been shown in animal experiments to promote motivation and drive, and it may also be used as a mood booster in healthy humans [10, 11].
- Modafinil may assist enhance attention whether an individual is sleep deprived or not receiving enough sleep — and Flmodafinil is expected to act similarly [12, 13].
We’d want to emphasize that a lot of what we “know” about Flmodafinil comes from what we’ve discovered about Modafinil. Flmodafinil has just been on the market since 2013, and clinical studies have been ongoing since 2015. Hopefully, we will learn a lot more about this substance in the near future.
Safety and Side Effects of Flmodafinil
Because Flmodafinil is currently undergoing clinical safety and effectiveness studies, we don’t have a lot of information to provide on its known and documented negative effects.
Because Flmodafinil is the bisfluoroanalog of Modafinil, the two are chemically extremely similar and may have comparable side effects. Furthermore, according to the patent for Flmodafinil, this newer molecule has fewer and milder adverse effects than Modafinil. Anecdotal accounts from study individuals who have taken both Modafinil and Flmodafinil support up this claim.
Here are some of the most prevalent Flmodafinil adverse effects that study participants may encounter.
Flmodafinil, like Modafinil, is a wakefulness-promoting drug intended for use in those who suffer from sleep problems. In fact, when either substance is given late in the day, a study participant may find themself tossing and turning, unable to fall asleep later that night .
That’s why the majority of eugeroic researchers recommend taking Flmodafinil first thing in the morning.
Because a headache is a pretty typical side effect of Modafinil, we may assume that Flmodafinil may induce headaches in some people.
However, there have been conflicting reports of headaches in study individuals who used Flmodafinil. Indeed, we’ve encountered one Modafinil user on Reddit who had been suffering from headaches that had vanished after receiving Flmodafinil medication.
Anxiety is a common side effect of these sorts of brain-enhancing drugs, but many Flmodafinil study participants claim that the effects are “clean” — no anxiety or crush, just energy, concentration, and drive.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Modafinil usage has been linked to gastrointestinal adverse symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, constipation, gas, heartburn, and reduced appetite .
In fact, several nootropics and stimulants have been linked to a reduction in appetite.
To prevent the other unpleasant gastrointestinal effects, study patients often begin with a very low dosage and gradually increase it.
Interactions between drugs
Modafinil may have interactions with blood thinners, antidepressants, certain antifungal medications, anti-seizure medications and anti-anxiety medications. Flmodafinil may have similar Interactions between drugs, although at this stage we cannot be certain .
Flmodafinil should be avoided by anybody with a medical ailment or who is using any prescription medications.
Additional Safety Concerns
Research participants, like any other prescription or over-the-counter medicine or dietary supplement, should be well-informed about any possible safety issues.
Flmodafinil should not be used by anybody who is pregnant or nursing. The compound should also not be used by anyone under the age of 18.
Because Flmodafinil is a stimulant, subjects may wish to avoid consuming caffeine while taking it. Flmodafinil should not be used in conjunction with alcohol or other mind-altering drugs.
Similarly, Flmodafinil may have the same addictive properties as Modafinil. As a result, study participants are encouraged not to use it as a nootropic more than 2-3 times per week and to take frequent pauses from any nootropic usage.
Flmodafinil, on the other hand, seems to be harmless in otherwise healthy people.
Different Side Effects of Flmodafinil Dosages
Flmodafinil’s developer claims it’s up to four times as powerful as Modafinil. In practice, most study participants claim that it’s roughly twice as strong as Modafinil.
As a result, people should be careful when it comes to dosage. The usual Flmodafinil dose should be one-quarter to one-half of a regular Modafinil dose, according to our guidelines.
12.5mg-25mg each day
This modest dosage seems to be popular among absolute beginners. According to what we know, such a modest amount is unlikely to have any harmful side effects in healthy persons.
Furthermore, if this low dosage is helpful, a patient may be able to take it more than 2-3 times per week as required.
This intermediate Flmodafinil dosage is based on the normal Modafinil 200mg dose. This dose seems to be appropriate for most people, particularly those who have previously taken nootropics like Modafinil.
At this dose, subjects may or may not experience any of the above-mentioned negative effects. This dosage is usually given first thing in the morning. At this dose, we don’t give Flmodafinil more than 2-3 times a week.
150 mg per day or more
This amount is about similar to 300mg or more of Modafinil per day, which we would never recommend. Because some nootropics users use 300mg of Modafinil to pull an all-nighter, sleeplessness is a fairly probable side effect. Of course, the higher the dosage, the greater the chance that a patient would encounter various negative effects.
According to our findings, microdosing Flmodafinil is a smart strategy to get constant energy while avoiding negative effects. Small microdoses are administered every 4-6 hours throughout the day. Subjects may effectively microdose anywhere from 3mg-25mg of Flmodafinil 4 times day, up to 3 times per week, depending on their degree of expertise and responsiveness to nootropics. As usual, we recommend beginning carefully and gradually increasing the dosage to the desired level.
Modafinil vs. Flmodafinil: Which is Better?
You’re probably aware that Flmodafinil and Modafinil have a lot in common. However, the following are some important areas where they differ:
- Flmodafinil has the same structure as Modafinil, but with the addition of two fluoride units.
- Although their effects are comparable, Flmodafinil is estimated to be 1.5-4 times stronger than Modafinil and to have a longer half-life (meaning it remains in the body for a longer period of time).
- Safety: Flmodafinil may have fewer adverse effects than Modafinil, although clinical studies are still underway.
- Modafinil is a controlled substance that requires a prescription. Flmodafinil is not presently available as a prescription medicine, but it is being researched for possible FDA clearance, so that might change.
- Body of evidence: We know a lot more about Modafinil’s safety and efficacy than we do about Flmodafinil.
- Cost: Surprisingly, Flmodafinil is sometimes more costly than Modafinil. It has a fresh formulation and is stronger.
Where Can I Get Flmodafinil Online in 2022?
A merchant named science.bio is the finest site to purchase Flmodafinil online. Flmodafinil is now available on this website in two forms: liquid and powder. To acquire the powder form, you’ll need an authorized account, which will take a bit more effort on your behalf.
Science appeals to us. Because they have very rigorous requirements for ingredient procurement and testing, bio
In fact, every product they make is tested for purity, identity, structure, heavy metals, and toxins by a third-party, independent testing organization. The findings of the third-party testing are then confirmed by science.bio’s own in-house testing. All of the results and batch testing are also accessible for viewing on their website.
Flmodafinil Side Effects | Conclusion
As a new nootropic on the market, Flmodafinil has a lot of promise, with the potential to be considerably stronger and have longer-lasting benefits than Modafinil – maybe with fewer negative effects!
Flmodafinil looks to be rather safe in healthy persons. However, it’s critical to be aware of all possible adverse effects and to begin with a low dosage.
Flmodafinil is a very effective nootropic.
- Nls Pharma AG, Nls-1 Pharma AG, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris APHP, assignee; Konofal E, inventor. Lauflumide and its enantiomers, as well as their preparation process and medicinal use. US20130295196A1 was filed on November 7, 2013.
- G Dowling, P Kavanagh, B Talbot, and others Nootropics have you fooled? The production of 1,1,2,2-tetraphenylethane and its tetra fluoro analog in the GC injector during thermal degradation of modafinil, modafinic acid, adrafinil, CRL-40,940, and CRL-40,941. 2017;9(3):518-528 in Drug Test Anal. doi:10.1002/dta.2142
- SC Holst, E Werth, and HP Landolt Pharmakotherapie von Schlaf-Wach-Störungen [Sleep-Wake Disorders Pharmacotherapy]. 2019;108(2):131-138. doi:10.1024/1661-8157/a003189
- R. Pigeau, P. Naitoh, A. Buguet, and others During 64 hours of intense mental labor, modafinil, d-amphetamine, and placebo were used. I. Mood, tiredness, cognitive function, and body temperature effects doi:10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. J Sleep Res. 1995;4(4):212-228.
- Athy JR, Crowley JS, Estrada A, Kelley AM, Webb CM, Athy JR. Modafinil as a dextroamphetamine alternative for military helicopter pilots to maintain alertness. doi:10.3357/asem.3129.2012. Aviat Space Environ Med. 2012;83(6):556-564.
- P. Jean-Pierre, G.R. Morrow, J.A. Roscoe, and others The efficacy of modafinil on cancer-related tiredness in 631 patients undergoing chemotherapy in a phase 3 randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial: a University of Rochester Cancer Center Community Clinical Oncology Program Research base research. Cancer. 2010;116(14):3513-3520. doi:10.1002/cncr.25083
- KW Rammohan, JH Rosenberg, DJ Lynn, AM Blumenfeld, CP Pollak, and HN Nagaraja. Modafinil (Provigil) efficacy and safety in the treatment of tiredness in multiple sclerosis: a two-center phase 2 research. 179-183 in J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry, 2002. doi:10.1136/jnnp.72.2.179
- U. Müller, J.B. Rowe, T. Rittman, C. Lewis, T.W. Robbins, and B.J. Sahakian. In healthy volunteers, the effects of modafinil on nonverbal cognition, task pleasure, and creative thinking. Neuropharmacology 64(5):490-495, 2013. doi:10.1016/j.neuropharm.2012.07.009
- M. Kaser, J.B. Deakin, A. Michael, and others A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study Shows Modafinil Improves Episodic Memory and Working Memory Cognition in Patients With Remitted Depression. doi:10.1016/j.bpsc.2016.11.009 Biol Psychiatry Cogn Neurosci Neuroimaging. 2017;2(2):115-122.
- Action of modafinil–increased motivation through dopamine transporter inhibition and D1 receptors? Biol Psychiatry. 2010;67(8):784-787. Young JW, Geyer MA. doi:10.1016/j.biopsych.2009.12.015
- A randomized, double-blind, crossover experiment of modafinil on mood. Taneja I, Haman K, Shelton RC, Robertson D. 2007;27(1):76-79 in J Clin Psychopharmacol. doi:10.1097/jcp.0b013e31802eb7ea
- Modafinil’s effects on cognitive function and alertness during sleep loss, Wesensten NJ. doi:10.2174/138161206777698819. Curr Pharm Des. 2006;12(20):2457-2471.
- JK Walsh, AC Randazzo, KL Stone, and PK Schweitzer. During simulated night shifts, modafinil enhances alertness, vigilance, and executive function. Sleep, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 434-439, doi:10.1093/sleep/27.3.434.
- National Library of Medicine, United States. Modafinil. Website of MedlinePlus. 15 February 2016. https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a602016.html
- what does flmodafinil do
- flmodafinil dose
- is flmodafinil legal
- flmodafinil liver
- flmodafinil tablets
Paul Tardner is the Head Writer at IJEST.org. Paul is a former academic and research scientist. He now dedicates his time to his own research into nootropics, with a particular focus on cognitive enhancement in old age. You can learn more about Paul from his profile page.